Welcome to Happy Acres Horse Agistment
For a full multimedia rich internet experience, this site requires the adobe flash player. Please download the flash player via the link below and then reload the site. This is the text only mobile version.
History - This property is located on the residential boundary of Happy Valley, just 5 mins from Happy Valley and Aberfoyle Park Shopping Centres. Or in 2012 we should say just 5 minutes from closest McDonalds store! Other neighbouring suburbs include Reynella, Woodcroft, O’halloran Hill, Chandllers Hill, MorphettVale, Flagstaff Hill, Corromandel Valley.
Location – South of Adelaide City
From Adelaide City CBD - 22km 30 mins drive
From Westfield MARION – 12km or 15 mins drive
From Beach – O’Sullivans Beach – 15mins drive
Closest Riding Schools/Clubs are:
Morphett Vale Riding Club – 15 mins drive
Welcome note from the owner:
Welcome to Happy Acres Horse Agistment. We offer 20 horse yards, 9 of which include stables and shelters - all nestled amongst shady olive trees and native gums. Other facilities include a large floodlit arena, tack sheds, feed sheds with hay for sale, undercover tie up area and much much more - a happy home for your four legged friend. Happy Acres is situated just 30 minutes for the Adelaide CBD and owned by Bill Christo - who lives and works on the property.
AGISTMENT AND FACILITIES:
About the property:
* Happy Acres Horse Agistment facility consists of 20 horse yards – of which nine contain horse stables and horse shelters. All the yards are nestled amongst shady olive trees.
* The sandy Arena is floodlit, for night usage, and adjoins an undercover tie-up area with wash bay – the perfect place for horses and owners to socialise with others.
* Day horse spelling is available on a five acre mature olive grove. Two smaller open day paddocks are available on a roster for the horses enjoyment.
* There are two large Feed Sheds available in which agisters can store their own feed. The Tack Shed is a locked and shared facility in which horse equipment can be safely kept. Lockers are also available.
* The owners live on the site at the top of the hill. This allows for excellent monitoring, security and safety of the horses. The residence has a separate drive way which allows for agisters to attend to their horses at reasonable hours. The car park is also floodlit.
* Two indoor stables are available and these are supplied with power, lights and water. The indoor stables are most useful in special needs circumstances such as when competing or in the case of managing a sick horse.
* Feed can be ordered and delivery by local Fodder or there is also quality feed available on site for purchase. The on site feed has been ordered in bulk and therefore available at a very competetive price.
* Trail Rides are available directly over the road where there is over 100 acres of national park land.
* Basic amenities are provided and there is a soft drinks machine which serves cold cans of drink for $1.00.
* Happy Acres Horse Agistment is Pet and Child friendly. BBQs and social days are held from time to time which makes lots of fun for the whole family.
* Long or Short Term horse care is available.
* We can assist (where possible) new horse owners in the early learning phase, including children who wish to learn how to ride and handle a pony for example.
* Racehorse Spelling – Full time care is provided for resting or injured horses. Trade references are available from satisfied trainers and breeders.
* Casual Horse Agistment – whether you own one or more horses Happy Acres welcomes you.
* Eventing or Show Preparation – short term agistment is available.
* Weekend Stays – such as for a horse show, work contract, holiday.
SANDY ARENA: 40 m x 20 m (usage is included in your fees plus arena is available for hire to non-agisters also).
LANEWAY – contains access to all paddocks
YARDS: 20 m x 200 m2 in size (some include stables or shelters)
$50 per week – this includes an allocated yard and access to all facilities (as mentioned above).
(feeding and rugging are available for a nominal stable-hand fee).
Happy Acres is striving to create a casual environment where horses and horse lovers can come together and enjoy quality time. Summer time night riding in the Floodlit Arena is a particular highlight of property. We have basic rules and expectations at Happy Acres and believe that common sense and respect for each other creates a friendly environment for all horse owners to catch up ride, chat and enjoy their horses.
Happy Horses TOO! – We expect all our horse owners to be responsible for their own horses. We offer full-time and shared caring here at Happy Acres although much prefer the agisters that take care of their own horses including their feeding, rugging, paddocking and exercising needs. We understand that we all have different levels of free time and commitments, that’s why we are here to provide the level of horse care you need.
Whether you are a racehorse trainer/owner, amateur/professional equestrian or pleasure rider - Happy Acres welcomes you.
SERVICES AND RATES:
Agistment Terms and conditions:
* All accounts are paid fortnightly in advance
* Two week refundable deposit required *conditions apply
* All horses must be wormed on arrival.
* An agistment agreement and rider risk and liability waiver must be completed before horse enters the property.
* Horses need to be hand fed twice daily. We recommend hay feed twice a day, and at least one hard feed a day. The yards have no grass feed available.
* Discounts will be given to people with more than one horse agisting at one time.
* Direct Debit automatic fortnightly payments preferred.
*Agistment Fees Per Week (inc GST) Yards - $50 per week
* Feeding Option 1 – morning or night feed $10 per week
* Feeding Option 2 – Hay in the morning and afternoon plus hard feed once a day from $30 per week
* For holiday, short and long term general agistment rates and vacancies please enquire.